How does the general public participate?

Any Santa Cruz County resident may become a member of New Earth Exchange. Even if you don't have any goods or services to offer, you can support our sustainability-minded local businesses by purchasing trade credits (Sand Dollars) from one of the participating non-profit members. You can then spend Sand Dollars at any business that is a member of the exchange.


Purchasing Sand Dollars helps the non-profit raise Federal currency, which it needs to pay for things that are not offered in the exchange.


Employees of local businesses may also participate by spending Sand Dollar Credits given to them as salary or bonuses by their employees.